RAM has officially unveiled the new ProMaster EV, the brand’s first fully electric commercial van aimed at the US market. Starting at $77,995 before incentives, this marks a major EV milestone for the company.
So what does the electric ProMaster offer? Here are some key specs and details:
- Up to 162 miles of range on a city cycle thanks to a 110 kWh battery pack
- Single electric motor producing 268 horsepower and 302 lb-ft torque
- Two configurable lengths and roof heights for versatile cargo capacity up to 524 cubic feet
- Payload rating between 2,030 lbs and 3,020 lbs depending on configuration
- DC fast charging from 50kW up to 150kW for rapid refueling
- Standard 10.1″ touchscreen with wireless Android Auto/Apple CarPlay
- Available digital rearview mirror, 360 camera system, and more
With deliveries starting in early 2024, the ProMaster EV arrives at the perfect time to tap growing demand for electric vans and trucks. Major competitors like Ford and Mercedes also offer EVs in this category.
The 162 mile range rating gives the ProMaster EV excellent usability for daily urban routes and deliveries. Combined with the customizable cargo dimensions and strong payload rating, it offers compelling capabilities for commercial buyers.
Fast charging up to 150kW will minimize downtime when drivers need to refuel quickly. Plus the advanced driver assistance features bring extra safety and visibility.
Overall, RAM’s new ProMaster EV checks all the right boxes for an electric workhorse. It has the potential to convert many commercial fleets to zero-emission vehicles. This is a watershed moment for the company as it embraces electrification.
What do you think of the new all-electric RAM ProMaster? Will it succeed in the commercial EV space? Follow us @GearMusk and share your thoughts!